3/24/2013

Easter cookies - sugar cookies easter decorations

On this video I share with you how I made and decorated sugar cookies for Easter. I decided to make Easter cookies and start searching  for ideas. Of course the bunnies and the carrots had to be part of it. Because I don't have all of these cookie cutters, I just drew a template on some paper and using that as a guide i cut the cookies dough with the shapes I wanted



















For the carrots, the flower, the butterflies and the Easter eggs, I first outlined the cookies with the outlining consistency royal icing in the colors that I wanted. Then, I simply filled the cookies with flood consistency icing.







For the bunny faces, first I outlined the cookies and then filled them with flooding icing. Only after the royal icing was almost dry (a couple of hours) I added the inner part of the ears and the nose with some light pink royal icing and also add the eyes with some melted chocolate.





The little chicken cookies, after being outlined and filled I waited for the royal icing to dry, just  like for the bunny faces cookies, and them added the details. I added the outline of the wings with yellow royal icing, then the beak with orange royal icing and finally the eyes with melted chocolate.





I divided these cookies into some treat bags to give to some friends.








I had also seen this idea for serving a milk and cookies snack to kids. I thought it looked really cute and would be a good idea for Easter Day snack after chocolate eggs hunting.
For these cookies, I add the outline and the filled them and when the royal icing was a little bit more dry I added the pink inner part of the ears. I really like how it turned out!






Here are the templates I used to cut the cookies for which I didn't have a cookie cutter:









Visit us:




No comments:

Post a Comment